A woman’s curiosity and concern has saved the life of her playful dog. When Mortimer, a 3-year-old bulldog, stopped eating his owner Emily Shanahan, she became concerned about his health because she knew that this was not usual for him.
Faced with this situation, he decided to make sure everything was in order and took the animal to Angell Animal Medical Center, a 24/7 veterinary hospital in Massachusetts. However, no one ever imagined what was happening with this friend.
It seems that Mortimer had a special taste for some peculiar snacks and his family did not know until he stopped eating in mid-June. The bulldog had suffered from nausea since April but his parents believed it was simple reflux.
However, an x-ray at Angell Animal Medical Center revealed that Mortimer had a large number of pacifiers stuck in his stomach. This mischievous animal had developed a special taste for his younger siblings’ pacifiers and his family had not noticed. .
Upon realizing the surprising situation, veterinary doctor Erika De Papp de Angell proceeded to extract the objects, through an endoscopy. “A non-surgical procedure used to examine, and often remove, items from an animal’s digestive tract.” », as announced by the Boston clinic itself.
Fortunately, the procedure could be carried out without any complications. However, Mortimer’s GP, Dr Doug Brum, warned that this could have become an even bigger problem with a tragic outcome. “Mortimer likely started taking these pacifiers in April, perhaps one at a time. time, and thus the cycle of nausea and vomiting has occurred, which are symptoms that can be caused by so many other health problems. “If it weren’t for the urgency with which his family sought veterinary care, things would have gotten much worse for him,” said Dr. Doug Brum.
Fortunately, after the procedure the dog was able to heal and regain his appetite. Mortimer managed to return home to his family, although his mother could not believe what had happened. “I was surprised because, even though I have two small children at home, I had never imagined that he was eating their pacifiers,” said Emily Shanahan.
Despite the scare, everyone was happy that the little animal did not have any type of chronic illness. Although it may seem incredible to us, Mortimer’s case is not at all strange.
The clinic confessed that its veterinarians have removed all types of objects from the bellies of many pets, from ropes, watches to pacifiers. However, the call is always for supervision and timely medical attention when something different is noticed.
Share this surprising news. Few could imagine that this is common, which is why it is necessary to inform and warn other parents to take care of their pets.